When I reviewed the Huawei MateBook X Pro a little over a month ago, I praised every inch of this laptop, from its brilliant display to its fast performance.
And today (May 21) my only major problems with it — its high price and lack of availability in the United States — have disappeared.
That's because this ultra-premium notebook is finally for sale in the United States, available on Amazon, Microsoft and NewEgg, starting at $1,149 (Microsoft.com's got the best pricing). The more-shocking news is that the model I tested, which features an 8th Gen Core i7 CPU, 16GB of RAM and a 512GB SSD — as well as an Nvidia MX150 GPU — costs $1,499 on Amazon (though it's temporarily sold out).
Back when we published the review, conversion rates suggested that high-end configuration would cost $2,350, and this new price is nearly $1,000 less. Currently, Microsoft is selling this model for $1,349, a surprising price when you consider how much they pack into such a elegant notebook.
This means the MateBook X Pro's brilliant 13.9-inch touchscreen display, speedy discrete graphics, comfortable keyboard and 9-hour, 55-minute battery life are now within the budgets and availability of a ton more prospective shoppers.
In my review, I said "it's the laptop I wish Apple would make," and now that I could buy one for myself, it's definitely a top contender for my cash.
Windows 10 Performance and Productivity
- Best Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts
- MIrror Your Screen to a TV or Monitor
- Speed Windows 10 Boot Time
- Get Superfast Mouse, Touchpad Speeds
- Calibrate Your Monitor
- Activate 'God Mode'
- Defragment Your Hard Drive
- Measure the Time it Takes for Apps to Load at Boot
- Use Maximum CPU Power
- Enable Swipe to Delete in Email
- Copy and Paste at the Command Prompt
- Record Video of an App
- Use Offline Maps
- Get the Full Layout in Windows 10’s Touch Keyboard
- Create a .Reg File for Easy Registry Hacks
- Record PC Gameplay on the Xbox App
- Perform a Clean Install of Windows 10
- Uninstall Windows 10 and Roll Back to 7 or 8
- Enable the Linux Bash Shell
- Generate a Detailed Battery Report
- Turn a PC into a Wireless Display
- Open Folders in the Taskbar
- Open Sites in the Taskbar
- Import Gmail Contacts
- Get Android Notifications
- Use Multiple Desktops
- Use Eye Control
- Use the Timeline Feature to Resume a Task
- Send Web Pages from Phone to PC
- All Windows 10 Tips
- Increase your Battery Life