Google’s Chrome has become one of the most popular web browsers thanks to its library of extensions that provide extra functionality. It’s often one of the first programs users download when they buy a new computer.
While Chrome is popular among the masses, it boasts a number of advanced features that take time to learn and settings buried behind menus. We put together a list of how-to’s and tips to help you make the most of Google’s browser, including reducing its infamous memory usage, silencing tabs with background video and even adding an emergency button for when your boss comes around. Oh, and if you want to update your Chromebook or unlock Chrome's dark mode, we've got your back too.
- How to Save All Open Chrome Tabs for a Future Browsing Session
- The best cheap laptops under $500
- How to turn off Dark Mode in Google
Check out the table of contents below to learn how to master Chrome.
Chrome Browser Tips
- How to Reduce Memory Usage in Chrome
- How to Silence Noisy Tabs in Chrome
- Hide Your Chrome Browsing From Your Boss
- Enable Guest Browsing in Chrome
- How to Make Chrome More Touch-Friendly
- How to Enable Do Not Track in Chrome
- How to Put Chrome in High Contrast Mode
- Remove Extensions from Chrome
- How to Resume an Interrupted Download in Chrome
- Protect Yourself from Spoilers with the Chrome Browser
- How to Create Desktop Shortcuts for Web Pages Using Chrome
- How to Use Chrome Extensions in Incognito Mode
- Disable (and Enable) Notifications in Chrome
- How to Use Chrome's Built-in Task Manager
- Add a Home Button to Chrome
- How to Change Your Default Search Engine in Chrome's Omnibox
- Show Frames Per Second in Chrome
- Get Gmail Notifications in Chrome
- How to Clear Your Internet History in Chrome
- How to Stop Pop-Ups in Chrome
- How to Prevent Scrollbar Jumping
- Change the Download Folder
- Firefox Quantum versus Chrome
Stay in the know with Laptop Mag
Get our in-depth reviews, helpful tips, great deals, and the biggest news stories delivered to your inbox.