When searching in Outlook, chances are you’ve performed the same search more than once. While it’s not at all difficult to perform the search, Outlook has a little time-saving tool built in that allows you to save these searches for future use. Next time, you can save yourself a step or two by just clicking your search query rather than typing and searching.
Here’s how it’s done.
1. Open Outlook and navigate to the Folder tab.
2. Click New Search Folder.
3. Select "Mail from specific people."
You can set up a search folder for anything, but today we’re going to save a search for a specific email address.
4. At the bottom, select "Choose" to select the email address you want to save a search for.
5. Type in the name of the person you want to save a search for, click it, and press OK.
6. Click OK at the bottom to save the search.
7. To access the saved search, just find the folder from the list in the sidebar and click it.
Microsoft Outlook Tips
- Block a Sender in Outlook 2016
- How to Instantly Mark Messages as Read in Outlook 2016 and Prior
- Edit New Message Alerts in Outlook
- How to Mail Merge in Office 2016
- Set an Out of Office Reply in Outlook
- How to Create Custom Groups in Outlook 2016
- Download Your Address Book in Outlook 2016 and Prior
- How to Archive Mail in Outlook 2016
- Create an Email Signature in Outlook 2016 and Prior
- Attach a Calendar Event to an Email
- Set Up a Universal Inbox
- Import Contacts to macOS Address Book
- Purge Deleted Messages
- Delete Addresses in Outlook Autocomplete
- Change the Attachment Size Limit in Outlook
- Import Contacts via CSV
- Back Up Outlook Data
- Change Fonts in Outlook
- Export Contacts to CSV
- Add an Image to Your Signature
- Set Up Out-of-Office Messages
- Create Email Templates
- Restrict Notifications to Important Emails Only
- Get Read Receipts
- Use Two Time Zones for Meetings
- Recall an Email
- Filter Email
- Block Unwanted Mail
- Stop Sending Winmail.dat
- Automate Repetitive Actions
- Schedule Outgoing Mail
- Create Canned Replies
Stay in the know with Laptop Mag
Get our in-depth reviews, helpful tips, great deals, and the biggest news stories delivered to your inbox.