If you're an iPad power user, I hope you got all of the multi-tasking features you were hoping for in iOS 11. According to a report from Bloomberg, Apple's focus on squashing bugs in iOS 12 has delayed a bunch of features, including almost anything significant for the iPad, until 2019.
The report suggests that eventually, the iPad will allow users to switch between multiple windows in a single app, similar to features the Mac has already seen and that Windows 10 is implementing in the near future with a feature called Sets. There are also plans to be able to run two instance of an app side-by-side.
Additionally, there will be new features for the Apple Pencil, as well as a switch in the Mail app to silence selected email threads.
According to the Bloomberg article, the only feature to expect on the iPad in iOS 11 is for Apple's Animoji characters to arrive on the iPad (which would match with rumors suggesting that Face ID is coming to the tablet).
You may see iPad apps on the Mac, though, as a big new feature will reportedly allow one version of an app to run on iPhones, iPads and Macs, similar to Microsoft's UWP program or how Android apps can run on Chromebooks.
- How to Quickly Transfer Images from an iPad to a PC
- Change the Apple ID on an iPad
- Use the Apple Pencil with iPad Pro's Notes App
- Every iPad Pro Keyboard Shortcut You'll Ever Need
- Multitask on the iPad Pro: Slide Over, Split View, Picture in Picture
- How to Select, Copy, and Paste Text on the iPad
- How to Download and Install iOS 11 on an iPad
- How to Use the iPad's Dock and Multitask
- Shoot 4K Video on the iPad Pro
- Use Your iPad Pro as a Secondary Display
- Set the EQ on the iPad for Better Sound
- How to Reboot the iPad
- Activate the iPad Bookmarks Bar
- How to Send SMS Messages on an iPad
- Re-arrange and Manage Application Icons on the iPad
- How to Set Up Messages on Your iPad
- How to Use the Parental Controls on Your iPad
- Access Alternate Characters on the iPad Keyboard
- Drag and Drop on an iPad
- Remove or Change the
- The Best iOS 11 Features That Transform Your iPad
- Edit Multiple 4K Video Streams on the iPad Pro
- Change the Lock Screen and Wallpaper on the iPad
- How to Clear Your Cookies and Browsing History on iPad
- How to Make and Answer iPhone Calls on Your iPad
- How to Use Three Apps at Once on the iPad
- How to Disable Wi-Fi Assist and Avoid Overages on Your iPad
- How to Use Work Spaces
- Password Protect the iPad
- Open Links in a New Page
- Disable the Clicking Sound on the iPad Keyboard
- How to Use Multi-touch Gestures on the iPad
- Watch Your iPad on a Television Set (Using AirPlay)
- How to Fix an iPad Activation Error