- Select the Messages app. You may have to login with your Apple ID
- Hit the Compose Message icon in the Message column for a new message.
- Enter the contact(s) for the message in the To: field.
- Enter text in the blank field above the keyboard. Click the Photo icon and choose from an existing photo or take a new one. The app button allows for GIFs and other apps.
Messages will send textx to the Apple ID you specify, but you can add additional e-mail accounts in the Settings menu.
- Go to Settings and select Messages.
- Send and Receive should be automatically filled with your Apple ID. If it's not up date it there.
Stay in the know with Laptop Mag
Get our in-depth reviews, helpful tips, great deals, and the biggest news stories delivered to your inbox.
Sherri L. Smith has been cranking out product reviews for Laptopmag.com since 2011. In that time, she's reviewed more than her share of laptops, tablets, smartphones and everything in between. The resident gamer and audio junkie, Sherri was previously a managing editor for Black Web 2.0 and contributed to BET.Com and Popgadget.