Though iTunes is great for copying individual music tracks and video to and from an iPad, getting individual images you’ve saved on the iPad from the Photos app isn’t as easy. E-mailing each image gets tedious if you have more than two or three, and you might not want to sync your entire My Photos library to the device if you just want a few. Thankfully, there’s a faster way.
1. Connect the iPad to a computer via the USB cord.
2. On the iPad, press "Allow" when a pop up asks for permission to allow your PC to see the files. Otherwise, the device will only charge.
3. Windows will recognize the iPad as a hard drive and AutoPlay may prompt you with Device Options. Choose “Open device to view files,” if so. Otherwise, find the iPad in Windows Explorer.
4. Open the disk, then navigate to DCIM > 100APPLE.
Here you’ll find all images from the Saved Photos folder.
Additional contributions by Andrew E. Freedman
iPad Pro Tips and Tricks
- Multitask on the iPad Pro
- Every iPad Pro Keyboard Shortcut You'll Ever Need
- Use the iOS Keyboard as a Touchpad
- Display Two Safari Tabs Simultaneously on the iPad Pro
- How to Use the Apple Pencil with iPad Pro's Notes App
- Edit Multiple Streams of 4K Video on the iPad Pro
- Use Your iPad Pro as a Secondary Display
- Check the Apple Pencil’s Battery Life
- Use Your iPhone as a Hotspot for the iPad Pro
Stay in the know with Laptop Mag
Get our in-depth reviews, helpful tips, great deals, and the biggest news stories delivered to your inbox.