If you've been using the Apple Pencil with your iPad Pro, you may find yourself unsure of when exactly you should be charging it. The stylus doesn't have battery indicator lights, and keeping the Pen plugged into the iPad Pro's lightning port creates an inconvenient extension that you may worry about accidentally knocking off or breaking.
Luckily, Apple has given a users a utility to make it easier to see how much power is left in the stylus, they've just hidden it in the Notifications Center menu. Here's how to enable this status indicator.
MORE: Apple iPad Pro: Full Review
How to Check the Apple Pencil’s Battery Life
1. Drag down from the top of the screen to reveal the Notification Center menu.
2. Tap on Edit.
3. Tap the Plus icon next to Batteries.
4. Drag the three-lines icon next to Batteries into the Today View list.
5. Tap Done.
Now you can check your Pencil's battery status, as well as your iPad's battery status, simply by pulling down the Notification Center menu. It doesn't even have to be plugged into the tablet.
iPad Pro Tips and Tricks
- Multitask on the iPad Pro
- Every iPad Pro Keyboard Shortcut You'll Ever Need
- Use the iOS Keyboard as a Touchpad
- Display Two Safari Tabs Simultaneously on the iPad Pro
- How to Use the Apple Pencil with iPad Pro's Notes App
- Edit Multiple Streams of 4K Video on the iPad Pro
- Use Your iPad Pro as a Secondary Display
- Use Your iPhone as a Hotspot for the iPad Pro