How to Change Your Chromebook’s Desktop Wallpaper
You spend a lot of time on the desktop of your Chromebook. Better make that system's wallpaper something worth looking at. Like Windows and Apple laptops, Chromebooks include plenty of wallpaper options for your aesthetic pleasure, including beautiful landscape shots, architectural landmarks and photogenic animals. You can also set your own pictures to be the wallpaper. Whichever option you want, here's how you can switch out that old backdrop for something a little more novel.
- Click your account icon in the bottom right corner
- Select Settings
- Click Set Wallpaper under Appearance
You can select any of the existing images by clicking its respective thumbnail or you can add your own wallpaper image.
Add Your Own Image
- Click the Custom tab
- Hit Choose File to select the desired image from the files saved on your Chromebook
- Pick the image file and hit Open
- Select the position, either centered, stretched to eliminate empty space, or cropped and centered.
- Close the dialogue window.
Your desired image is now the new wallpaper.