How to Unlock Chromebooks Using a PIN Number
Each and every time you unlock a Chromebook, it requires you to type in your Google password. This can be an incredibly onerous process if your Google password is a complex, hard-to-guess password, the kind that we recommend you use. Instead, you can set your Chromebook to be unlocked from sleep with a PIN number.
Before you can take these steps, though, you'll need to enable Chrome OS Developer Mode first. After that, here's how to set your Chromebook to be unlocked with a PIN number.
1. Open chrome://flags/#quick-unlock-pin and click Default.
2. Select Enabled.
3. Click Restart Now to restart your computer.
4. Navigate to chrome://md-settings.
5. Click Configure Quick Unlock.
6. Select PIN or password.
7. Enter your Google account password.
8. Click Configure PIN.
9. Enter a PIN number, which needs to be at least 4 digits.
10. Confirm your PIN and click Save.Now when you go to unlock your computer from sleep, you can login with a PIN number.