It's finally happened - with the Windows 10 Anniversary update, you can add extensions to the Edge browser, just like with Safari, Firefox or Chrome. As of this writing, there are only 13 extensions, but we expect that number to increase with time.
There's no point in waiting, though, as you'll likely be interested in some of the extensions available now. Here's how to add extensions to Edge:
1. Open Edge.
2. Press "..." and click "Extensions."
3. Click "Get extensions from the Store."
4. Click on the extension you want to add.
5. Click Install.
6. Click "Turn it on" from the pop-up that appears.
7. Click "..." to see and use your extensions.
Edge Browser Tips
- Share a Web Page
- Disable Flash
- Change Download Folder
- Send a Web Note
- Disable or Enable Cookies
- Stop Restoring Tabs After a Crash
- Change Search Engine to Google
- Pin a Website to Windows 10’s Start Menu
- Enable Do Not Track
- Set Homepage (or Homepages)
- Enable Dark Theme
- How to Enable Do Not Track in Microsoft Edge Browser
- How to Import Favorites into Edge From Another Browser
- Clear Your History and Cookies in Microsoft Edge
- Print in Microsoft Edge
- Add a Page to the Reading List in Microsoft Edge Browser
- Rename a Favorite in Microsoft Edge Browser
- How to Add a Favorite Site/Bookmark in Microsoft Edge
- How to Open an InPrivate Window in Microsoft Edge
- Turn On Reading Mode in Microsoft Edge
- Enable and Use Cortana in Microsoft Edge
- Block Pop-ups in Microsoft Edge Browser
- Manage or View Saved Passwords
- Set Aside Tabs
- Increase Your Privacy
- All Windows 10 Tips