Early back-to-school sales are kicking off with some of the best monitor deals of the season. So if you're on a budget and need a monitor for your laptop or two or even a few, you've come to the right place.
We're rounding up the top retailer discounts on the industry's best monitors.
Investing in a new monitor can make your day-to-day productivity soar and enhance your entertainment experience. You can mirror or extend your laptop screen, build a dual monitor setup or even a multi-monitor setup for gaming.
But before you choose the best monitor for your needs, there's something you should know. There are lots of specs to consider when you're choosing the right monitor for your PC.
Besides display size, resolution, refresh rate, and response time, you'll also have to think about price versus performance. No matter your budget, you'll want to get the best value for your hard earned cash —and that's where we come in.
Computer monitor buying guide 2020
- We recommend a 27-inch monitor size. However, go for the largest display that will fit your workspace and your budget. 27 inches is very large, so pull out a ruler and do some measuring.
- Buy a 4K monitor if you can afford to splurge. Although 1080p monitors offer a great viewing experience, 2160p content is becoming the new norm. If you have room in your budget to spend upwards of $250, go for the 1440p or 4K monitor.
- Widescreen multimedia monitors are for everything. If cinematic viewing, immersive PC gaming and maximum productivity are priority, go for a widescreen monitor. They come in flat and curved designs with life-like FHD or 4K resolution.
- Generally speaking, 60Hz and up is a good refresh rate. The refresh rate is the number of times a monitor refreshes the screen per second. A standard 60Hz monitor refreshes the screen 60 times per second whereas a 120Hz monitor refreshes twice as many times. Competitive gamers will benefit from the smoother gaming performance of 144Hz and up.
- Most monitors have a response time of 5ms. Response time is the time it takes the monitor to shift from one color to another. Gamers will want to get the lowest response time (1ms is ideal).
The best computer monitor deals
LG 24" 1080p FreeSync Monitor: was $199 now $129 @ Best Buy
Now $70 off, this high resolution LG IPS monitor delivers solid performance for both gaming and video work. FreeSync technology ensures a tear-free, low latency experience.
Samsung 27" Curved Monitor: was $219 now $179 @ Amazon
The Samsung C27F398 Monitor features an 1800R curvature for a truly immersive viewing experience. This is the monitor you want if you want big, bold and stunning panoramic views while you work or play.
Dell 27" UltraSharp Monitor: was $499 now $374 @ Dell
See fine details and true-to-life color on this Dell 27-inch QHD (2560 x 1440) monitor in an innovative, stylishly thin design. Use coupon, "STAND4SMALL" drop its price down to $337. View Deal
Lenovo Legion 43.4" Gaming Monitor: was $1,199 now $799 @ Microsoft
If you want to level up your gaming experience, the Lenovo Legion Y44w-10 gaming monitor might be worth the splurge. Zoom around corners and take headshots like a pro on a 3840 x 1200 curved FreeSync display with 144Hz refresh rate. For a limited time, it's $400 below retail price.