The Surface Pro 4's specs are starting to look a bit long in the tooth, and it seems like we're finally getting the first details about its successor, the Surface Pro 5.
Journalist Paul Thurrott tweeted that sources told him the Surface Pro 5 will continue to use a proprietary charger like the one on the Pro 4 or the Surface Book, and that the only major upgrade will be to Intel's Kaby Lake CPUs.
"Surface Pro 5 will not change the Surface Connect power connector, I was just told," he wrote. "Kaby Lake, nothing dramatic." In a follow up tweet, he suggested it "sounds like Surface Pro 4.5." If that's the case, it sounds like we'll just get some refreshed specs with the same case.
If you were hoping for USB Type-C charging, this is a disappointment, though it doesn't mean that Microsoft won't add any. The Pro 4 does have a mini DisplayPort that could be easily changed.
Thurrott hasn't published any other details, so we're left waiting on a Microsoft hardware event that's rumored to occur in the coming weeks. It's also possible that Microsoft will use that event to formally announce the Surface Book 2, though Mary Jo Foley of ZDNet has suggested it won't show up there.
Surface Pro 4 Image: Jeremy Lips / Laptop Mag
Edge Browser Tips
- Share a Web Page
- Disable Flash
- Change Download Folder
- Send a Web Note
- Disable or Enable Cookies
- Stop Restoring Tabs After a Crash
- Change Search Engine to Google
- Pin a Website to Windows 10’s Start Menu
- Enable Do Not Track
- Set Homepage (or Homepages)
- Enable Dark Theme
- How to Enable Do Not Track in Microsoft Edge Browser
- How to Import Favorites into Edge From Another Browser
- Clear Your History and Cookies in Microsoft Edge
- Print in Microsoft Edge
- Add a Page to the Reading List in Microsoft Edge Browser
- Rename a Favorite in Microsoft Edge Browser
- How to Add a Favorite Site/Bookmark in Microsoft Edge
- How to Open an InPrivate Window in Microsoft Edge
- Turn On Reading Mode in Microsoft Edge
- Enable and Use Cortana in Microsoft Edge
- Block Pop-ups in Microsoft Edge Browser
- Manage or View Saved Passwords
- Set Aside Tabs
- Increase Your Privacy
- All Windows 10 Tips