How to Use Dropbox on Your Chromebook and Add it to File Manager
Just because you're using a Chromebook that doesn't mean you're limited to Google Drive. Dropbox is easily accessible via the web, but if you want to go deeper, a third party open source extension called "File System for Dropbox" integrates your Dropbox files right into Chrome OS's file manager. It's not endorsed by Dropbox, but it gets the job done.
Here's how to add Dropbox to the Chromebook file manager.
1. Open the Google Web Store.
2. Type "File System for Dropbox" in the search box on in the upper right-hand corner.
3. Click "Add To Chrome" next to File System for Dropbox, which should be the first result. File System for Dropbox should be the first result.
4. Click "Add app" in the confirmation pop-up.
5. Open the program.
6. Click "mount" in the resulting window.
7. Sign-in to Dropbox with your email and password.
8. Click "Allow" when the extension asks for access to your Dropbox files.
In the file manager, you will find your Dropbox in the left pane.