Set up your email signature once, and every time you send a message, people will know the best way to contact you. You can also add other critical information in your email signature, such as your website address and disclaimers you're required to send. Here's how to create your email signature in Outlook so you don't have to keep typing the same information over and over again.
Create a New Email Signature
You can create multiple email signatures in Outlook -- one for each email account or a different signature for different canned replies.
1. Click New Email from the Home tab.
2. Click Signature > Signatures… on the Message tab.
3. Click the New button in the Signatures and Stationery window.
4. Type in a name for the signature and click OK. For example, "Work Signature."
5. Enter your signature in the Edit signature box. You can type in your name, job title, contact information, website address, and any other information you want to quickly insert into new email messages.
6. Click OK.
This will be the default signature for new emails sent from your email account.
Insert a Different Email Signature
Repeat the steps above to create additional email signatures, which you can choose to insert on an email-by-email basis by going to the Insert > Signatures menu.
Microsoft Outlook Tips
- Block a Sender in Outlook 2016
- How to Instantly Mark Messages as Read in Outlook 2016 and Prior
- Edit New Message Alerts in Outlook
- How to Mail Merge in Office 2016
- Set an Out of Office Reply in Outlook
- How to Create Custom Groups in Outlook 2016
- Download Your Address Book in Outlook 2016 and Prior
- How to Archive Mail in Outlook 2016
- Attach a Calendar Event to an Email
- Set Up a Universal Inbox
- Import Contacts to macOS Address Book
- Purge Deleted Messages
- Delete Addresses in Outlook Autocomplete
- Change the Attachment Size Limit in Outlook
- Import Contacts via CSV
- Back Up Outlook Data
- Change Fonts in Outlook
- Export Contacts to CSV
- Add an Image to Your Signature
- Set Up Out-of-Office Messages
- Create Email Templates
- Restrict Notifications to Important Emails Only
- Get Read Receipts
- Use Two Time Zones for Meetings
- Recall an Email
- Save Common Searches
- Filter Email
- Block Unwanted Mail
- Stop Sending Winmail.dat
- Automate Repetitive Actions
- Schedule Outgoing Mail
- Create Canned Replies