Eve-Tech's Eve V, a crowdsourced, crowdfunded 2-in-1 that takes on Microsoft's Surface Pro, will be available for a limited time starting at 9 a.m. EST today (Dec. 4).
The laptops are sold directly through Eve-Tech's website, and you can find the sale page here. The last flash sale saw all available units sold in just three hours. Following a deluge of press and reviews, its very possible they will sell out faster this time.
In our review, we praised the Eve V for its brilliant display, clever design, great port selection and the fact that it comes with a keyboard and stylus (the Surface does not). Its Y-series Kaby Lake CPU isn't as powerful as what you get with the Surface, and the battery life was middling on our test, but it satisfies for casual use.
With its $799 starting price beating out the Surface Pro thanks to the keyboard and stylus, the Eve V is piquing the curiosity of many outside of the community that designed it. But the Helsinki-based company is still working to fill demand, so we're curious to see just how many people who want an Eve V can get their hands on it.
If you manage to grab one, let us know in the comments.
Image: Shaun Lucas/Laptop Mag
Customize Windows 10
- Create Custom Keyboard Shortcuts
- Make Windows 10 Look and Feel Like Windows 7
- Change the Default Windows Font
- Turn Off Notification and System Sounds
- Change Your Desktop Background in Windows 10
- Change the Icon Size
- Give Windows 10 a Dark Theme
- Make Your Own Windows 10 Theme
- Hide Your Name on the Login Screen
- Add Another Column to the Start Menu
- Get Mac-Like File Previews
- Add My Computer Icon to Desktop
- Edit Photos to Fit as Backgrounds
- Add Accent Colors
- Customize Autoplay Menu
- Install and Delete Fonts
- Customize the Action Center
- Disable Transparency Effects
- Get Classic Solitaire and Minesweeper
- Change the Look of Windows 10 Books
- Add a URL Field to the Taskbar
- Add Clocks from Multiple Time Zones
- Get the Old Volume Control Back
- Disable Windows 10 Startup Delay
- Add Quick Contacts to the Start Menu
- Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Enable Spatial Sound
- Best Themes
- All Windows 10 Tips
- Change the Login Screen Background
- Install New Desktop Themes