Windows 10, for all its improvements, took a step back in one key area: it removed the games we all used to love to waste time with and replaced them with flashier, ad-supported versions. Some of these games, like Spider Solitaire, didn’t make the cut at all. Microsoft’s new version of Solitaire is nice to look at, but it lacks the classic quality that made the original so popular and it's filled with ads too.
Here’s how to get the classics back.
1. Download the Windows 7 Games for Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 zip file from WinAero. The “download here” ads aren’t what you’re looking for, instead you’ll have to scroll down the page and download from the link next to bullet point one.
2. Again, scroll past the ads prompting you to download, and instead click the link near the Donate button.
3. Click OK on the pop-up and wait for the file to download.
4. Double-click to extract the files.
5. Double-click the application file.
6. Click Yes on the pop-up and wait while the installer loads.
7. Choose your language.
8. Click Next.
9. Choose the games you want to install by checking/unchecking the boxes next to the title.
10. Click Install.
Customize Windows 10
- Create Custom Keyboard Shortcuts
- Make Windows 10 Look and Feel Like Windows 7
- Change the Default Windows Font
- Turn Off Notification and System Sounds
- Change Your Desktop Background in Windows 10
- Change the Icon Size
- Give Windows 10 a Dark Theme
- Make Your Own Windows 10 Theme
- Hide Your Name on the Login Screen
- Add Another Column to the Start Menu
- Get Mac-Like File Previews
- Add My Computer Icon to Desktop
- Edit Photos to Fit as Backgrounds
- Add Accent Colors
- Customize Autoplay Menu
- Install and Delete Fonts
- Customize the Action Center
- Disable Transparency Effects
- Get Classic Solitaire and Minesweeper
- Change the Look of Windows 10 Books
- Add a URL Field to the Taskbar
- Add Clocks from Multiple Time Zones
- Get the Old Volume Control Back
- Disable Windows 10 Startup Delay
- Add Quick Contacts to the Start Menu
- Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Enable Spatial Sound
- Best Themes
- All Windows 10 Tips
- Change the Login Screen Background
- Install New Desktop Themes
Stay in the know with Laptop Mag
Get our in-depth reviews, helpful tips, great deals, and the biggest news stories delivered to your inbox.