How to Block Someone on Gmail
Sometimes it's not enough to just mark mail as Spam. Google's filters aren't 100 percent effective and the occasional junk mail might slip through, finding its way to your inbox. And sometimes you just need to radically cut someone out of your life. You can block messages from particular senders for good with this simple guide.
1. Log into your Gmail account.
2. Pull up an email from the offending sender. If your inbox is flooded with messages, just search for that person's name in the box at the top.
3. Hit the down arrow to the far right of the sender's name.
4. Click Block (Sender Name) from the list that drops down.
5. Press Block to confirm.
You will stop receiving emails from this person. If you have blocker's remorse and want to hear from your contact again, follow these steps.
How to Unblock
1. Click the gear Settings icon on the top right of your inbox.
6. Select Settings
7. Tap the Filters And Blocklist link.
8. Click Unblock at the end of the row of the sender you wish to reinstate.
How to Block Someone