Starting at $899, Asus's upcoming ZenBook Flip 14 UX461 will offer a host of attractive features when it launches in March. The 14-inch, bendback 2-in-1 weighs just 3.08 pounds (with integrated graphics) and offers such niceties as an 8th Gen Core i7 CPU, a bright 1080p screen, a PCIe SSD and an active stylus.
We had a chance to spend a few minutes going hands-on with the Flip 14 and found its design attractive, screen bright and build quality solid. Images on the display were colorful and Asus claims that the 1920 x 1080 touch panel can reproduce 100 percent of the sRGB color gamut. The company also claims that the screen can reach an impressive 300 nits of brightness. We'll find out for sure when we test it in our lab.
The all-metal chassis has an attractive look and feel, with Asus's typical concentric-circle pattern on its lid and a body that's either Slate Gray or Icicle Gold. The keys offer a decent 1.4 millimeters of travel and seemed fairly punchy during our hands-on experience.
Though the device is just 0.54 inches thick, it packs a full array of ports, including dual USB Type-A ports, a USB Type-C port and a full sized HDMI out port. Asus claims that the ZenBook Flip 14 can last up to 13 hour son a charge, thanks to its generous, 57 watt-hour battery.
We don't yet know exactly what amount of RAM and storage you will get in the base configuration, but the ZenBook Flip 14 will be available with up to a 512GB PCIe SSD and up to 16GB of RAM. There will also be a model with Nvidia MX150 graphics, but that unit will weigh a slightly-higher 3.3 pounds.
- Laptop Buying Guide: 8 Essential Tips
- The Best & Worst Laptop Brands
- Laptop Tech Support Showdown: Undercover Report
- Should I Buy a Chromebook? Buying Guide and Advice
- Laptops with the Longest Battery Life
- Chromebooks vs. Windows 10 Laptops: What Should You Buy?
- Why You Shouldn't Buy a Touch-Screen Laptop
- Out of the Box Tips: Set Up Your New Laptop Like a Pro
- The Best Time to Buy a Laptop
- Chromebook vs. Tablet: Which Should You Buy?
- Laptop Buying Tips for Students
- 10 Key Features to Look for in Your Laptop
- How to Buy a 2-in-1 Laptop Hybrid
- USB Type-C FAQ: Everything You Need to Know
- How to Get Rid of Your Old Laptop
- Laptop Warranties: What They Cover
- Which CPU is Right For You?
- Which Laptop Features Are Worth the Money?
- Gaming Laptop Buying Guide: Find the Right Rig
- 10 Reasons Why Consumers Should Buy Business Laptops
- Which MacBook is Right for You?
- 5 Things to Look For in Your Next Laptop Keyboard
- How to Configure Your Laptop: Specs That Matter
- Which Graphics Card Do You Need?
- The Perfect Laptop? Here’s What It Should Have
- Why 78 Percent of Laptop Screens Suck
- A Guide to Computer Ports and Adapters
- 13 Ways to Make a Slow Laptop Faster
- How to Tell If You Can Upgrade Your Laptop
- Laptop Locks Guide: Do You Need One?
- 10 Features You Can Skip to Save Money