The rumor has come true: Microsoft's "Surface Pro with LTE Advanced" will launch on December 1.
The company unveiled the new model at its Future Decoded event in London and is aiming the detachable 2-in-1 primarily at businesses. The base model will cost $1,149.
That will get you an Intel Core i5 processor, 4GB of RAM, and a 128GB SSD. For $1,449, you can get the same CPU but bump up to 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage.
Microsoft claims that the Surface's Cat 9 modem from Qualcomm will get you the fastest laptop LTE around, and with 20 LTE bands, it should work in any country you travel to.
The company is aiming the Surface at business users first, and there's no word on exactly when a consumer-facing model will come. It would be surprising, though, for Microsoft to hold the LTE version back from consumers.
Microsoft first unveiled the device in May, but a release date was murky until one of Microsoft's Surface leads mentioned a possible December release at the Ignite conference.
The December launch will cap off a busy fall for Microsoft that also includes the launch of the Surface Book 2 on November 16.
- Laptop Buying Guide: 8 Essential Tips
- The Best & Worst Laptop Brands
- Laptop Tech Support Showdown: Undercover Report
- Should I Buy a Chromebook? Buying Guide and Advice
- Laptops with the Longest Battery Life
- Chromebooks vs. Windows 10 Laptops: What Should You Buy?
- Why You Shouldn't Buy a Touch-Screen Laptop
- Out of the Box Tips: Set Up Your New Laptop Like a Pro
- The Best Time to Buy a Laptop
- Chromebook vs. Tablet: Which Should You Buy?
- Laptop Buying Tips for Students
- 10 Key Features to Look for in Your Laptop
- How to Buy a 2-in-1 Laptop Hybrid
- USB Type-C FAQ: Everything You Need to Know
- How to Get Rid of Your Old Laptop
- Laptop Warranties: What They Cover
- Which CPU is Right For You?
- Which Laptop Features Are Worth the Money?
- Gaming Laptop Buying Guide: Find the Right Rig
- 10 Reasons Why Consumers Should Buy Business Laptops
- Which MacBook is Right for You?
- 5 Things to Look For in Your Next Laptop Keyboard
- How to Configure Your Laptop: Specs That Matter
- Which Graphics Card Do You Need?
- The Perfect Laptop? Here’s What It Should Have
- Why 78 Percent of Laptop Screens Suck
- A Guide to Computer Ports and Adapters
- 13 Ways to Make a Slow Laptop Faster
- How to Tell If You Can Upgrade Your Laptop
- Laptop Locks Guide: Do You Need One?
- 10 Features You Can Skip to Save Money