August is upon us and the best monitor deals are heating up the summer. We're currently seeing excellent back-to-school sales on today's top-rated displays. So if you're bargain shopping for a new monitor, now is a great time to save.
Investing in the right computer monitor can help your day-to-day productivity soar and enhance your overall viewing experience. You can mirror or extend your laptop screen, build a dual monitor setup or even a multi-monitor setup for gaming.
There are a lot of specs to consider when buying a laptop. Besides display size, resolution, refresh rate, and response time, you'll also have to think about price versus performance. No matter your budget, you'll want to get the best value for your hard earned cash — and that's where we come in.
Whether you want an external monitor for your laptop monitor or the best 4K monitor for your PS5 or Xbox One X game console, you've come to the right place. From cheap computer monitors to the best monitors for gaming, here are the best monitor deals you can get.
Best monitor deals — Quick links
- Amazon: save to up to 47% on productivity, portable, and gaming monitors (opens in new tab)
- Best Buy: save up to 40% on select productivity and gaming monitors (opens in new tab)
- HP: save up to 40% on HP and Omen gaming monitors (opens in new tab)
- Dell: save up $40% on Dell and Alienware monitors (opens in new tab)
- Lenovo: save up to 40% on Lenovo productivity and gaming monitors (opens in new tab)
Best monitor deals
Samsung T350 24-inch LED Monitor:
was $179 now $129 @ Samsung (opens in new tab)
This 24-inch IPS display offers much better viewing angles than the TN panels you'll find in most budget displays. The 1920 x 1080 resolution, HDMI port, Radeon FreeSync support and 4ms response time all make for an impressive package at this price point. Best Buy (opens in new tab) has it for the same price.
Acer XG270HU 27 inch Monitor:
was $369 now $209 @ Amazon (opens in new tab)
Amazon knocks $160 off the Acer 27 XG monitor for a limited time. It has a (2560 x 1440) resolution 144Hz panel with 1ms response time. AMD Free Sync eliminates screen tearing and other distortions for a smooth gaming experience.
HP V28 28-inch 4K Monitor:
was $379 now $199 @ Amazon (opens in new tab)
Save $180 on the HP V28 4K monitor at Amazon. This truly immersive 4K monitor is produces sharp image clarity, affording you a cinema-like viewing experience. With a refresh rate of 60Hz and AMD FreeSync Technology baked in, expect no less than blur and lag free streaming and gaming.
HP Monitor Deals: up to 40% off @ HP (opens in new tab)
HP summer deals takes up to 40% off select productivity and gaming monitors. Whether you want a single monitor for your laptop or panels for a dual monitor set up, now is a great time to save.
AOC C32G2E 32-inch Curved Gaming Monitor:
was $279 now $199 @ Amazon (opens in new tab)
Save $80 on the AOC C32G2E 31.5-inch curved gaming monitor. Optimized for immersive gameplay, it has a 1500R curvature 31.5 inch (1920 x 1080) antiglare WLED panel, 250 nits of brightness, and 16:9 aspect ratio. This is one of the best gaming monitors for shooter, action, eSports, FPS (eSports), beat 'em up and racing games. Snag it now for its best price yet.
Acer Predator XB271HU Gaming Monitor:
was $469 now $289 @ Amazon (opens in new tab)
Save $180 on the 27-inch Acer Predator XB271HU monitor at Amazon. This is a great 27-inch monitor for anyone who wants to get into higher resolution gaming. With a 2560 x 1440-pixel resolution, 144Hz display and 4ms response time, this beautiful beast should prove to be crisp and colorful.
Dell & Alienware Monitor Deals: up to 40% off @ Dell (opens in new tab)
Dell's Back to School sale knocks up to 40% off Dell and Alienware monitors. Save big on productivity and gaming monitors, and curved gaming monitors.
Dell S2721HS 27-inch 4K Monitor:
was $262 now $199 @ Amazon (opens in new tab)
Save $63 on the Dell 27-inch Monitor S2721HS. This 27-inch display has a 1920 x 1080-pixel resolution, 4ms response time, and 75Hz refresh rate. Connectivity-wise, it equips you with an HDMI port and Display Port 1.2. Its chic and modern design complements any workspace.
Gigabyte G27FC A 27-inch Curved Gaming Monitor:
was $249 now $179 @ Amazon (opens in new tab)
Save $70 on the Gigabyte G27FC A Curved Gaming Monitor. It has a 27-inch (1920 x 1080) display at 165Hz refresh rate, 1ms response. This 1500R curvature monitor features AMD FreeSync Premium for smooth, tear-free gaming. Newegg (opens in new tab) has it for the same price.
Computer monitor deals buying guide
- We recommend a 27-inch monitor size. However, go for the largest display that will fit your workspace and your budget. 27 inches is very large, so pull out a ruler and do some measuring.
- Buy a 4K monitor if you can afford to splurge. Although 1080p monitors offer a great viewing experience, 2160p content is becoming the new norm. If you have room in your budget to spend upwards of $250, go for the 1440p or 4K monitor.
- Widescreen multimedia monitors are for everything. If cinematic viewing, immersive PC gaming and maximum productivity are priority, go for a widescreen monitor. They come in flat and curved designs with life-like FHD or 4K resolution.
- Generally speaking, 60Hz and up is a good refresh rate. The refresh rate is the number of times a monitor refreshes the screen per second. A standard 60Hz monitor refreshes the screen 60 times per second whereas a 120Hz monitor refreshes twice as many times. Competitive gamers will benefit from the smoother gaming performance of 144Hz and up.
- Most monitors have a response time of 5ms. Response time is the time it takes the monitor to shift from one color to another. Gamers will want to get the lowest response time (1ms is ideal).