The Surface Laptop is a really strong all-around laptop, but it has been hamstrung by Windows 10 S. Finally, Neowin reports, Microsoft is selling it with Windows 10 Pro, albeit through its commercial store.
Anyone can buy it from the Microsoft Store (opens in new tab), but it's not a great deal. Microsoft is charging $100 more for Windows 10 Pro over Windows 10 S. Until March 31st, Microsoft is offering a free upgrade, so there's no point in spending that extra Benjamin just yet. Even after March 31st, the cost of upgrading from Windows 10 S to Windows Pro will be $49.
What's odd, though, is that Microsoft is offering the same model in different colors with Windows 10 Pro than Wind0ws 10 S. The former OS gets you red and blue alongside silver.
In our review, we said the laptop had great looks, strong performance, excellent battery life and a "top-notch typing experience."
Windows 10 Basics
- 7 Settings to Change Right Away
- Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts to Save You Clicks
- 5 Ways to Take Screenshots
- Change Your Password in Windows 10
- Uninstall Programs in Windows 10
- Enable or Disable Tablet Mode
- Add a User (Child or Adult)
- Change the Screen Resolution
- Sync Your Settings Across Devices
- Sync iPhone with Windows 10
- Control Windows 10 with Your Voice
- Upgrade to Windows 10 From Windows 7 or 8
- Eliminate Blue Light With Night Light
- Create a New Folder
- Get to the Desktop in Windows 10
- Add a Printer
- All Windows 10 Tips
- Set Alarms