If you do a lot of multitasking, your screen gets covered in different windows. But what do you do when you need to find that icon or folder on the desktop or you just want to hide the clutter?
You could go hit the minimize button on all your open windows, or you could minimize them all at once with a single click or keyboard combo. Here's how to get to the desktop in Windows 10 with just one short action.
- Using your mouse: Click the small rectangle on the far right side of the taskbar.
- Using your keyboard: Hit Windows + D.
In either case, performing the action a second time (clicking or typing) brings all the windows back.
Windows 10 Basics
- 7 Settings to Change Right Away
- Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts to Save You Clicks
- 5 Ways to Take Screenshots
- Change Your Password in Windows 10
- Uninstall Programs in Windows 10
- Enable or Disable Tablet Mode
- Add a User (Child or Adult)
- Change the Screen Resolution
- Sync Your Settings Across Devices
- Sync iPhone with Windows 10
- Control Windows 10 with Your Voice
- Upgrade to Windows 10 From Windows 7 or 8
- Eliminate Blue Light With Night Light
- Create a New Folder
- Get to the Desktop in Windows 10
- Add a Printer
- All Windows 10 Tips
- Set Alarms
Stay in the know with Laptop Mag
Get our in-depth reviews, helpful tips, great deals, and the biggest news stories delivered to your inbox.