Best Kids Tablets to Buy Now
With their touch-screen interfaces and often simpler operating systems, tablets are a way for kids to learn how computers work. These slates they can test their minds with games such as Monument Valley 2, and allow them to stream shows such as Teen Titans. And if you buy a tablet made for kids, you get comprehensive parental controls to help you stop junior from browsing adult-oriented websites or making in-app purchases.
Latest News and Updates (October 2018)
- We just recently reviewed Acer's Chromebook Tab 10, which is a 9.7-inch tablet that features some neat classroom learning tools.
- Samsung recently announced the Galaxy Tab A 10.5, a 10.5-inch tablet that seems to be competing against Apple's 9.7-inch iPad.
- We're currently in the process of reviewing the New Amazon Fire HD 8 Kids Edition. Stay tuned for the full review.
While the 8-inch Fire Kids HD 8 is still our favorite kids tablet due to its top-tier parental controls, protective bumper and a worry-free warranty, we're incredibly excited to get in the newest Fire Kids HD 8 tablet when it launches in October to see how it stacks up. If you're looking for something more premium, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 ($647) is perfect to get your kid accustomed to typing on a keyboard, drawing with a comfortable stylus or even learning languages with its translator (activated with the stylus and camera). However, if your budget is lower and you worry about your child losing their toys, the Fire 7's $49 price cannot be beat.
- Best 2-in-1 Laptop/Tablet Hybrids
- Top 10 Tablets Available Now
- Tablet Buying Guide: 7 Essential Tips