How to Reset a Chromebook
Wanna pass on that new Chromebook to your child or Grandma? You'll want to reset it to factory settings by wiping all your personal data. But, you should know that you'll be deleting your files, photos, saved networks and permissions. If you follow our directions below, you'll then be presented with the initial sign up screens.
1. Click the menu on the bottom right of the screen. Then tap Settings.
2. Scroll down and tap Show Advanced Settings.
3. Scroll down and tap Powerwash.
4. Tap Restart.
Bonus Tip: You can also reset your Chromebook from the sign-on screen by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Alt+R. Then press Restart. When you restart you'll be presented with the start screens.
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Chrome OS
- 5 Challenges for Google's Chrome OS
- Could Chromebooks Save the PC Industry?