How to Use Full-Screen Apps in Mac OS X
First-time Mac users may not know that they can take their apps full screen, which not only reduces clutter but lets you easily switch back and forth between apps and your desktop with a simple gesture. Here's what you need to know.
1. Click on the arrows at the top right of the application window to enable full-screen mode.
2. Hover the cursor over the top of the screen to display the menu bar, where you'll be able access File and other options.
3. Swipe with three fingers to switch between full-screen apps i(f you have more than one open) and your desktop.
4. Click on the blue square at the top right of the applications menu to disable full-screen mode.
- Windows 8.1 vs OS X Mavericks: Which OS is Best?
- Apple's Best and Worst Notebook Brands 2013 Rating
- PC to Mac Guide: How to Switch to OS X