Windows 10 came bundled with a nifty new browser called Edge. Although it looks a little like Internet Explorer, it’s a huge improvement over the browser everyone loved to hate. That said, Windows 10 also came with Internet Explorer, mostly for legacy use.
If you’d like to disable it, here’s how.
1. Right click the Start icon and select Control Panel.
2. Click Programs.
3. Choose Programs & Features.
4. In the left sidebar, select Turn Windows features on or off.
5. Uncheck the box next to Internet Explorer 11.
6. Select Yes from the pop-up dialogue.
7. Press OK.
Customize Windows 10
- Create Custom Keyboard Shortcuts
- Make Windows 10 Look and Feel Like Windows 7
- Change the Default Windows Font
- Turn Off Notification and System Sounds
- Change Your Desktop Background in Windows 10
- Change the Icon Size
- Give Windows 10 a Dark Theme
- Make Your Own Windows 10 Theme
- Hide Your Name on the Login Screen
- Add Another Column to the Start Menu
- Get Mac-Like File Previews
- Add My Computer Icon to Desktop
- Edit Photos to Fit as Backgrounds
- Add Accent Colors
- Customize Autoplay Menu
- Install and Delete Fonts
- Customize the Action Center
- Disable Transparency Effects
- Get Classic Solitaire and Minesweeper
- Change the Look of Windows 10 Books
- Add a URL Field to the Taskbar
- Add Clocks from Multiple Time Zones
- Get the Old Volume Control Back
- Disable Windows 10 Startup Delay
- Add Quick Contacts to the Start Menu
- Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Enable Spatial Sound
- Best Themes
- All Windows 10 Tips
- Change the Login Screen Background
- Install New Desktop Themes