Microsoft announced new NFL team-branded editions of its Surface Type Cover keyboard, which will work with the Surface Pro 3 and Surface Pro 4. The keyboards will be available starting Aug. 15 at Microsoft Stores and at microsoftonline.com for $159.
The NFL-branded keyboards look to be versions of the Signature Type Cover ($159), albeit with team logos on the underside. The keyboards are swathed in a two-tone, gray mélange Alcantara fabric, "a unique and innovative material used in high-end luxury products, sourced only from Italy," according to Microsoft's site.
However, the NFL Type Covers will have a little something extra for the fans. Here's a look at the special features of each.
|Arizona CardinalsMacro key inserts "Show me the money!"|
|Atlanta FalconsSpeakers automatically increase volume to drown out conversation.|
|Baltimore RavensPretty good, but questions about how long it will hold up.|
|Buffalo BillsPackaging claims it's a lot better than it actually performs.|
|Carolina PanthersStarts Dabbing every time you send an email.|
|Chicago BearsWorks pretty well, but gets consistently bad reviews online.|
|Cincinnati BengalsBuilt-in speakers say, "Who Dey!" but not much else.|
|Cleveland BrownsHas only two keys: Escape and Delete.|
|Dallas CowboysTwice as large as the others and makes a lot of noise as you type, but only half the keys work.|
|Denver BroncosHas a dedicated button for ordering Papa John's Pizza.|
|Detroit LionsRandomly enters curse words as you type.|
|Green Bay PackersComes with built-in finger warmers, which you'll never use.|
|Houston TexansWorks well at first, but falls apart quickly.|
|Indianapolis ColtsOnly works well indoors.|
|Jacksonville JaguarsCompatible only with Microsoft Surface RT.|
|Kansas City ChiefsTypes everything you enter, but very, very slowly.|
|Los Angeles RamsWill get up and move off your desk every few years.|
|Miami DolphinsAlways compared to older, far superior Microsoft PS2 ergonomic keyboard.|
|Minnesota VikingsTop of keyboard may cave in unexpectedly.|
|New England PatriotsCan be inflated or deflated to just the right height.|
|New Orleans SaintsHas one really good key, but it might fall off at any time.|
|New York GiantsNever seems to work, except during big presentations.|
|New York JetsComes with a retro mink liner, but works only a quarter of the time.|
|Oakland RaidersMade up of used parts from other keyboards.|
|Philadelphia EaglesTypes everything in all caps. Easily removable batteries for throwing at opponents.|
|Pittsburgh SteelersKeyboard made out of iron, weighs 10 pounds.|
|San Francisco 49ersHas LTE, Wi-Fi, NFC and Bluetooth, but can't connect in the air with anything.|
|Seattle SeahawksAutomatically pairs with noise-cancelling headset.|
|San Diego ChargersThreatens to shut down unless you renew your subscription to Office 365.|
|Tampa Bay BuccaneersNote: Creamsicle-colored version has been recalled.|
|Tennessee TitansOlder models were great, but it hasn't worked well in about a decade.|
|WashingtonOwner Dan Snyder charges you 10 cents every time you press a letter.|
Editor's Note: If you haven't guessed this is a parody by now, well, it is.
- Laptop Buying Guide: 8 Essential Tips
- The Best & Worst Laptop Brands
- Laptop Tech Support Showdown: Undercover Report
- Should I Buy a Chromebook? Buying Guide and Advice
- Laptops with the Longest Battery Life
- Chromebooks vs. Windows 10 Laptops: What Should You Buy?
- Why You Shouldn't Buy a Touch-Screen Laptop
- Out of the Box Tips: Set Up Your New Laptop Like a Pro
- The Best Time to Buy a Laptop
- Chromebook vs. Tablet: Which Should You Buy?
- Laptop Buying Tips for Students
- 10 Key Features to Look for in Your Laptop
- How to Buy a 2-in-1 Laptop Hybrid
- USB Type-C FAQ: Everything You Need to Know
- How to Get Rid of Your Old Laptop
- Laptop Warranties: What They Cover
- Which CPU is Right For You?
- Which Laptop Features Are Worth the Money?
- Gaming Laptop Buying Guide: Find the Right Rig
- 10 Reasons Why Consumers Should Buy Business Laptops
- Which MacBook is Right for You?
- 5 Things to Look For in Your Next Laptop Keyboard
- How to Configure Your Laptop: Specs That Matter
- Which Graphics Card Do You Need?
- The Perfect Laptop? Here’s What It Should Have
- Why 78 Percent of Laptop Screens Suck
- A Guide to Computer Ports and Adapters
- 13 Ways to Make a Slow Laptop Faster
- How to Tell If You Can Upgrade Your Laptop
- Laptop Locks Guide: Do You Need One?
- 10 Features You Can Skip to Save Money