If you're a dedicated Microsoft Surface fan who has been disappointed in the lack of truly new portable hardware this year, there might something for you just around the corner. BGR and The BitBag both report that the Surface Pro 5 is on the way for a spring 2017 release.
The reports suggest that the new model will have 512GB of storage, up to 16GB of RAM and the latest Intel "Kaby Lake" CPU.
The BitBag, however, doesn't cite its own sources, so readers should take this all with a grain of salt for now.
Other rumors about a new Surface Pro include USB Type-C or Thunderbolt 3 ports, but the only way to see if those come true is to wait for an announcement (or a solid leak).
BGR points out that Microsoft has been playing the Surface line against Apple's MacBook Air. We're curious to see if Microsoft will position the new Surface as a Pro competitor now that the Air line hasn't been updated.
We'll let you know if we hear any more solid rumors regarding the Surface Pro 5.
Windows 10 Basics
- 7 Settings to Change Right Away
- Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts to Save You Clicks
- 5 Ways to Take Screenshots
- Change Your Password in Windows 10
- Uninstall Programs in Windows 10
- Enable or Disable Tablet Mode
- Add a User (Child or Adult)
- Change the Screen Resolution
- Sync Your Settings Across Devices
- Sync iPhone with Windows 10
- Control Windows 10 with Your Voice
- Upgrade to Windows 10 From Windows 7 or 8
- Eliminate Blue Light With Night Light
- Create a New Folder
- Get to the Desktop in Windows 10
- Add a Printer
- All Windows 10 Tips
- Set Alarms
Stay in the know with Laptop Mag
Get our in-depth reviews, helpful tips, great deals, and the biggest news stories delivered to your inbox.