If you're looking to connect a PS4 controller to an iPhone, it's easier than you might think. There's tons of games to play via Apple Arcade, so it makes sense that you'd want to play comfortably on a recognizable controller.
You can connect your PS4 controller to an iPhone as well as an iPad, Apple TV, or Mac. It's super simple and shouldn't take you longer than a few minutes. If you have a PS5 controller, here's our how to connect PS5 controller to iPhone article.
Here's how to connect your PS4 controller to iPhone.
How to connect PS4 controller to iPhone
1. Make sure that your controller is turned off.
2. Press and hold the PS button and the Create (or Share) button at the same time until the light bar begins to flash. The controller is now in pairing mode, which makes it discoverable by your Apple device.
3. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn on Bluetooth. Stay on this screen until you complete the steps to pair your accessory.
4. Select the controller from the list of nearby devices.
5. If the controller pairs but doesn't connect, press the PS button on the controller.
That's all you have to do to connect your PS4 controller to your iPhone. Like I said, it's simple. If you want the experience of a better controller, we recommend purchasing the DualSense, which is arguably the best controller on the market.
Stay in the know with Laptop Mag
Get our in-depth reviews, helpful tips, great deals, and the biggest news stories delivered to your inbox.
Rami Tabari is an Editor for Laptop Mag. He reviews every shape and form of a laptop as well as all sorts of cool tech. You can find him sitting at his desk surrounded by a hoarder's dream of laptops, and when he navigates his way out to civilization, you can catch him watching really bad anime or playing some kind of painfully difficult game. He’s the best at every game and he just doesn’t lose. That’s why you’ll occasionally catch his byline attached to the latest Souls-like challenge.