Want a sneak peak of how Apple's gonna change the Mac at WWDC today? A new leak revealed a few of the new features coming to the operating system.
This news comes from images of macOS 10.14 tweeted by developer Steve Troughton-Smith, who's got a solid track record of revealing stuff Apple's got up its sleeves. The biggest change seen here is a system-wide Night Mode, as evidenced by how the Xcode, Solar System Mac and Instruments apps pictured are showing off a dark theme.
Presumably, this alternate look (which I asked for in our WWDC wish list over at Tom's Guide) will be a option you can enable and disable via System Preferences. Currently, only the Menu bar can be adjusted in this way, whereas this feature would make adjusted most of the interfaces for Mail, Contacts and other apps.
The images leaked also show the Apple News icon in the dock, tipping Apple's hand on porting that well-designed iOS app to macOS. That News would get its own app isn't exactly surprising, but it's kind of surprising that it's not built into Safari. Perhaps Apple is trying to get Chrome and Firefox loyalists to use this service this too.
Lastly, one of the Xcode (an app development program) screenshots shows that macOS App Store will soon support video previews of programs, just as the iOS App Store allows.
- How to Password Protect a Folder in a Mac
- How to Force Quit or Close Frozen Applications
- Move Your Mac files to a Windows PC
- How to Dual-Boot Windows and macOS
- Increase the Text Size on Your Mac
- Install or Uninstall Mac Apps
- How to Eject USB Devices and Memory Cards in macOS
- Switch Between Open Apps in macOS
- How to Unlock a MacBook with Your Apple Watch
- Clean Out Your macOS LaunchPad
- How to Use Trackpad Gestures to Navigate macOS
- How to Use Right-Click in macOS
- Use Siri on Your Mac
- How to Customize the Notification Center
- Add a Signature to PDFs with Mac Preview
- Use Memories in the Photos App on Mac
- How to Use Night Shift in macOS
- How to Change Your Mac's Password
- How to Edit Siri's Activation Keyboard Shortcuts on macOS
- Change Views in Finder
- Use macOS Dark Mode
- Transfer Files with AirDrop
- How to Use Mission Control on a Mac
- Use Optimized Storage
- How to Enable Parental Controls on a Mac
- How to Mark Up PDFs in macOS
- Back Up Mac with Time Machine
- How to Use Dictation on a Mac
- How to Use the macOS Feature
- Use Apple Pay in macOS
- How to Block Websites on Your Mac