Aorus has announced powerful new upgrades to its X-series line, with a new X9, X7 and X5 using Intel's new 8th Gen "Coffee Lake" processors. The X5 is $2,599, the X7 is $2,999 and the X9 is $3,899.
The most powerful, the X9 DT, will use Intel's first Intel Core i9 mobile processor, the i9-8950HK and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080. The X5 v8 and X7 DT v8 will both use Intel Core i7-8850H, but the X7 wields a 1080 while the x5 has a GTX 1070.
The Core i7 processors are overclocked to about 4.3-GHz and the Core i9 can be overclocked to 4.8GHz.
All three laptops will feature 144Hz IPS displays, and, in a tradition parent company Gigabyte started with its Aero line, they're all X-rite Pantone color-calibrated. The X9 also gets Nvidia G-Sync to prevent screen tearing.
They also introduce new keyboards (in the X9's case, a mechanical one), with N-key rollover to prevent keys from dropping.
Additional features inclue Dolby Atmos gaming sound,
You can read our full review of the new Aorus X9 here.
- Laptop Buying Guide: 8 Essential Tips
- The Best & Worst Laptop Brands
- Laptop Tech Support Showdown: Undercover Report
- Should I Buy a Chromebook? Buying Guide and Advice
- Laptops with the Longest Battery Life
- Chromebooks vs. Windows 10 Laptops: What Should You Buy?
- Why You Shouldn't Buy a Touch-Screen Laptop
- Out of the Box Tips: Set Up Your New Laptop Like a Pro
- The Best Time to Buy a Laptop
- Chromebook vs. Tablet: Which Should You Buy?
- Laptop Buying Tips for Students
- 10 Key Features to Look for in Your Laptop
- How to Buy a 2-in-1 Laptop Hybrid
- USB Type-C FAQ: Everything You Need to Know
- How to Get Rid of Your Old Laptop
- Laptop Warranties: What They Cover
- Which CPU is Right For You?
- Which Laptop Features Are Worth the Money?
- Gaming Laptop Buying Guide: Find the Right Rig
- 10 Reasons Why Consumers Should Buy Business Laptops
- Which MacBook is Right for You?
- 5 Things to Look For in Your Next Laptop Keyboard
- How to Configure Your Laptop: Specs That Matter
- Which Graphics Card Do You Need?
- The Perfect Laptop? Here’s What It Should Have
- Why 78 Percent of Laptop Screens Suck
- A Guide to Computer Ports and Adapters
- 13 Ways to Make a Slow Laptop Faster
- How to Tell If You Can Upgrade Your Laptop
- Laptop Locks Guide: Do You Need One?
- 10 Features You Can Skip to Save Money
Stay in the know with Laptop Mag
Get our in-depth reviews, helpful tips, great deals, and the biggest news stories delivered to your inbox.