Senior editor Zac Bowden's sources told him that Microsoft planned to roll out the update on April 10, coinciding with Patch Tuesday, but that a serious "blocking bug" discovered by Windows Insiders shelved the production release for what will likely be "a couple of weeks."
"“We’re excited to release the next update to Windows 10 and we’ll share more when we’re ready," a Microsoft spokesperson said.
Microsoft hasn't announced the official name of Redstone 4 yet, though we've seen the name "Spring Creators Update" floated. Until then, we expect version 1803 within a few weeks.
Windows 10 Basics
- 7 Settings to Change Right Away
- Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts to Save You Clicks
- 5 Ways to Take Screenshots
- Change Your Password in Windows 10
- Uninstall Programs in Windows 10
- Enable or Disable Tablet Mode
- Add a User (Child or Adult)
- Change the Screen Resolution
- Sync Your Settings Across Devices
- Sync iPhone with Windows 10
- Control Windows 10 with Your Voice
- Upgrade to Windows 10 From Windows 7 or 8
- Eliminate Blue Light With Night Light
- Create a New Folder
- Get to the Desktop in Windows 10
- Add a Printer
- All Windows 10 Tips
- Set Alarms
Stay in the know with Laptop Mag
Get our in-depth reviews, helpful tips, great deals, and the biggest news stories delivered to your inbox.