The 13-inch MacBook Pro is one of the best ultraportables on the market. It's more compact than its predecessor, sports a brighter display, and continues to offer above-average battery life.
Although Apple charges $1,499 for its new laptop, Best Buy is currently offering the 13-inch MacBook Pro for $1,274.99, a savings of $225.
This model doesn't include Apple's new Touch Bar, but it does offer a 13-inch Retina Display, a 2-GHz Core i5 Skylake processor, 8GB of RAM, and a 256GB SSD. In terms of connectivity, the new system only includes two Thunderbolt 3 ports and a headphone jack. Dongles start at $9 via the Apple Store, or you can purchase accessories for less via third-party retailers.
In terms of performance, the MacBook Pro never stuttered in our tests. Although Apple rates the display as being 67 percent brighter than previous MacBook Pros, we didn't notice much of a difference with everyday use. However, the laptop did register 495 nits in our display test, which is higher than the 385 nits registered by the previous model.
If you prefer the model with the new Touch Bar controls, eBay offers the 13.3-inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar for $1,799.99 (a savings of $199).
- Laptop Buying Guide: 8 Essential Tips
- The Best & Worst Laptop Brands
- Laptop Tech Support Showdown: Undercover Report
- Should I Buy a Chromebook? Buying Guide and Advice
- Laptops with the Longest Battery Life
- Chromebooks vs. Windows 10 Laptops: What Should You Buy?
- Why You Shouldn't Buy a Touch-Screen Laptop
- Out of the Box Tips: Set Up Your New Laptop Like a Pro
- The Best Time to Buy a Laptop
- Chromebook vs. Tablet: Which Should You Buy?
- Laptop Buying Tips for Students
- 10 Key Features to Look for in Your Laptop
- How to Buy a 2-in-1 Laptop Hybrid
- USB Type-C FAQ: Everything You Need to Know
- How to Get Rid of Your Old Laptop
- Laptop Warranties: What They Cover
- Which CPU is Right For You?
- Which Laptop Features Are Worth the Money?
- Gaming Laptop Buying Guide: Find the Right Rig
- 10 Reasons Why Consumers Should Buy Business Laptops
- Which MacBook is Right for You?
- 5 Things to Look For in Your Next Laptop Keyboard
- How to Configure Your Laptop: Specs That Matter
- Which Graphics Card Do You Need?
- The Perfect Laptop? Here’s What It Should Have
- Why 78 Percent of Laptop Screens Suck
- A Guide to Computer Ports and Adapters
- 13 Ways to Make a Slow Laptop Faster
- How to Tell If You Can Upgrade Your Laptop
- Laptop Locks Guide: Do You Need One?
- 10 Features You Can Skip to Save Money
Stay in the know with Laptop Mag
Get our in-depth reviews, helpful tips, great deals, and the biggest news stories delivered to your inbox.