Update, Dec. 27, 3:30 p.m.: Added a response from a Microsoft spokesperson.
When the Microsoft Surface Pro with LTE went on sale at the beginning of the month, it was only available to enterprise customers (opens in new tab). But now you no longer have to wait for a consumer version, as it's available on the Microsoft Store (opens in new tab) in two configurations. Ubergizmo first reported the news.
The "Commercial Microsoft Surface Pro with LTE Advanced" is the business version, but it's available to everyone. There's a $1,149 model with an Intel Core i5 CPU, 4GB of RAM and 128GB of storage and a $1,449 config with a Core i5 CPU, 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage. As of this writing, only the cheaper version is available.
But it seems that this is still a model meant only for businesses, not the average user. "“Surface Pro with LTE Advanced is currently available for business customers," a Microsoft spokesperson told Laptop Mag. "Stay tuned for news about broader retail availability in 2018.”
Of course, like their consumer counterparts, the Commercial Surface Pros also don't come with a Type Cover or Surface Pen, so you'll have to buy those separately.
Microsoft has previously suggested a consumer release in 2018. We don't know if this was released to the mass market by mistake.
Windows 10 Basics
- 7 Settings to Change Right Away
- Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts to Save You Clicks
- 5 Ways to Take Screenshots
- Change Your Password in Windows 10
- Uninstall Programs in Windows 10
- Enable or Disable Tablet Mode
- Add a User (Child or Adult)
- Change the Screen Resolution
- Sync Your Settings Across Devices
- Sync iPhone with Windows 10
- Control Windows 10 with Your Voice
- Upgrade to Windows 10 From Windows 7 or 8
- Eliminate Blue Light With Night Light
- Create a New Folder
- Get to the Desktop in Windows 10
- Add a Printer
- All Windows 10 Tips
- Set Alarms