Gigabyte's newest laptop is a jack of all trades that's VR ready, and boy, is it a stunner. The Aero 15, releasing today exclusively on Newegg for $1,899, is primed for creatives, gamers and anyone else who wants to combine serious power with ultra-light portability.
The laptop comes armed with an Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 GPU with 6GB of VRAM, 512GB SSD and 16GB DDR4 RAM. It has plenty of ports for external displays and peripherals, including USB, Thunderbolt 3, HDMI, and a MiniDisplay ort. At 14 x 9.8 x 0.8 inches, it's on a par with the Razer Blade, another thin-and-light VR-ready PC. It comes in three colors: green, orange and black (we're partial to the green here at Laptop Mag).
In an early hands-on, we were blown away by the 15-inch, FHD display (a UHD version will be available in June). It's surrounded by a bezel just five millimeters thin, rivaling the InfinityEdge displays on the XPS 13 and XPS 15. Of course, that meant no room for the webcam, which is on the hinge. The screen is the first with X-Rite Pantone certification, so we're expecting high marks on our screen tests for color accuracy and sRGB gamut reproduction. Each screen will be individually calibrated before shipping, the company told us.
The keyboard is a stunner, too. Gigabyte's new Fusion keyboard software allows users to turn any key into a macro key. Additionally, each key can be individually backlit with a different color.
We're looking forward to testing the Aero 15 in our labs, and we'll have a full review soon. After our preliminary hands-on, it certainly looks like a contender that can stand up to some of our favorite laptops.
Photos: Andrew E. Freedman / Laptop Mag
Windows 10 Basics
- 7 Settings to Change Right Away
- Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts to Save You Clicks
- 5 Ways to Take Screenshots
- Change Your Password in Windows 10
- Uninstall Programs in Windows 10
- Enable or Disable Tablet Mode
- Add a User (Child or Adult)
- Change the Screen Resolution
- Sync Your Settings Across Devices
- Sync iPhone with Windows 10
- Control Windows 10 with Your Voice
- Upgrade to Windows 10 From Windows 7 or 8
- Eliminate Blue Light With Night Light
- Create a New Folder
- Get to the Desktop in Windows 10
- Add a Printer
- All Windows 10 Tips
- Set Alarms
Stay in the know with Laptop Mag
Get our in-depth reviews, helpful tips, great deals, and the biggest news stories delivered to your inbox.