Buying a PS5 in the U.K. seems to be harder than getting old people across the country to wear a mask properly over their noses. But you've got another chance this morning, as Argos has a restock.
Make sure you have an account setup at Game with your payment details saved, so you can get through the purchase quickly. Click consoles at the top of the page and head down to the purchase button as quick as you can!
PS5 UK quick links
- GAME: PS5 Landing Page
- Amazon: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition
- Smyths Toys: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition
- Argos: PS5 Landing Page
- Currys PC World: PS5 Landing Page
- John Lewis: PS5 Landing Page (they hide it when out of stock, but expect this link to work once its live)
- Very: PS5 Landing Page
PS5 Buying info
With some luck, you’re going to bag yourself a PS5 with our help, so you can wait for all of this to blow over (to paraphrase Shaun of The Dead). Let’s get you prepared with some top tips, including when to look and what steps you should take to increase your chances.
- PS5 vs. PS5 Digital Edition — Which one should you buy?
- See our reviews of the Xbox Series X and PS5
- Check out the Xbox Series X games and PS5 games confirmed so far
Let’s go over the times that these retailers usually drop their stock (yes, I’ve been sad enough to actually track these stock drop times over the last few months). These windows are pretty broad, so make sure you’ve got tabs open for the duration!
- Amazon usually drops stock between 9am and 2pm
- Smyths Toys can be anywhere between 1pm and 9pm
- Currys PC World is more on the earlier side between 7am and 10am
- Argos have mostly launched their stock as the website refreshes between 4am and 6am, but they are harder to predict, as they have had some mid-morning/early afternoon drops too.
And don’t forget! If you’re gunning for one over at Amazon, add the product page to your wishlist and add it to your cart from there. People are reporting more success doing that than relying on adding it straight to the cart and the site crashing.
Good luck! And follow Laptop Mag on Twitter and we’ll do our best to post links when they go live.
Stay in the know with Laptop Mag
Get our in-depth reviews, helpful tips, great deals, and the biggest news stories delivered to your inbox.
Jason brought a decade of tech and gaming journalism experience to his role as a writer at Laptop Mag, and he is now the Managing Editor of Computing at Tom's Guide. He takes a particular interest in writing articles and creating videos about laptops, headphones and games. He has previously written for Kotaku, Stuff and BBC Science Focus. In his spare time, you'll find Jason looking for good dogs to pet or thinking about eating pizza if he isn't already.