If you're outside of the laptop world, it's easy to be dazzled by big-name brands like Apple, Lenovo and Dell while shopping for the best Prime Day laptop deals, but as someone who actually tests them for a living, I can tell you that there are laptops that are better and cheaper than popular laptops like the M2 MacBook Air.
This bad boy is a MacBook Air killer, crushing it in several categories, including CPU performance, DCI-P3 color gamut coverage, productivity, creativity and responsiveness.
The best Prime Day laptop deal that's better than the M2 MacBook Air
Acer Swift Go 14:
$949 $799 @ Newegg
Save $150 on the the Acer Swift Go 14 in this incredible Prime Day alternative deal by Newegg. This bad boy is less than $1,000, but still managed to surprise us by surpassing the performance scores delivered by the prized M2 MacBook Air. This configuration comes with an Intel Core i7-13700 CPU, 16GB of RAM, 512GB of SSD storage, Intel Iris Xe graphics, and a stunning 14-inch display. We were also captivated by the Go 14's screen, delivering the most vivid picture we've ever seen.
Proof that the Acer Swift Go 14 is better than the M2 MacBook Air for Prime Day
As mentioned, the Acer Swift Go 14 is only $799 for Prime Day at Newegg, down from its original listing price of nearly $1,000. And it's better than the 13-inch M2 MacBook Air, according to our testing. (It's better than the 15-inch model, too, but we'll be focusing on the 13-inch model for simplicity.)
Here are three reasons why:
- Its display blew us away. It is one of the most vivid displays we've tested of all time. It has a DCI-P3 color gamut coverage of 175.7% compared to the M2 MacBook Air's measly 78.6% score.
- Thanks to its Intel Core i7-13700H processor, it has faster CPU performance, crushing the M2 MacBook Air with a Geekbench multicore score of 11,950. Compare this to the M2 MacBook Air's score of 9,824.
- The Acer Swift Go 14 is better at productivity (word processing, editing documents, manipulating spreadsheet data web browsing). It delivered a productivity Crossmark score of 1,858 compared to the MacBook Air's 1,380.
- The Acer Swift Go 14 is better at creativity (editing digital photos, cataloging digital photos and editing digital video). It output a Crossmark creativity score of 2,048 compared to the MacBook Air's 1,845.
- The MacBook Air is less responsive at opening files, saving files and writing files. On the Crossmark responsiveness test, it delivered a score 1,064, which was crushed by the Acer Swift Go 14's 1,856 score.
The Acer Swift Go 14 in this Prime Day laptop deal comes with the following specs:
- 13th Gen Intel Core i7-13700H
- Intel Iris Xe graphics
- 16GB of DDR5 RAM
- 512GB of SSD storage
- 14-inch, 1920 x 1200-pixel touchscreen display
- Windows 11 Home
You'll want to act fast! This is the last day of Prime Day, and you'd hate to suffer from regret for not snatching up this deal fast enough.
Stay in the know with Laptop Mag
Get our in-depth reviews, helpful tips, great deals, and the biggest news stories delivered to your inbox.
Kimberly Gedeon, holding a Master's degree in International Journalism, launched her career as a journalist for MadameNoire's business beat in 2013. She loved translating stuffy stories about the economy, personal finance and investing into digestible, easy-to-understand, entertaining stories for young women of color. During her time on the business beat, she discovered her passion for tech as she dove into articles about tech entrepreneurship, the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) and the latest tablets. After eight years of freelancing, dabbling in a myriad of beats, she's finally found a home at Laptop Mag that accepts her as the crypto-addicted, virtual reality-loving, investing-focused, tech-fascinated nerd she is. Woot!