Harvesting fruit in Disney Dreamlight Valley is annoying. Fruit trees and bushes are scattered throughout every corner of your village, so when you’re in need of a quick meal or require fruit for a recipe (or maybe just want to sell some), you’re forced to run around each corner and biome to collect as many as possible.
However, this is entirely unnecessary and there is a brilliant way to subvert it. There are a few things you need to do beforehand, and I can offer a couple of tips to make it seem less like a cheap strategy (even though it will absolutely feel that way).
Once you've mastered this if you are looking for some other Disney Dreamlight Valley tips and tricks I've got guides on how to get Moonstones quickly, how to quickly level up companions, and how to make tons of money.
Fruit farming 101
1. Make a whole lot of space. You’re going to want this space very close to your home, just to make it easier to commence your harvest. I personally moved Chez Remy and Scrooge’s Store into the top right corner of the Plaza. However, try to make it look nice at the very least. At the end of the day, easy farming strategies don’t matter if your village looks like trash.
2. Open your map and look for the fruit icons. It’ll be easily identifiable as a white apple on a green token. You can also just continue to the next step and look around for trees or bushes, but the map is a good fallback strategy to check if you missed any.
3. Go into Furniture mode (press the inventory button and scroll down to Furniture) and hover over the fruit you found on your map. You will be able to freely move the fruit bush or tree wherever you please.
4. Move the fruit bush or tree into the designated space you cleared during the first step. Repeat this step over and over with every bush and tree you have available to you. You’re going to need a lot of space, but at the end of it, it’ll look something like the image below. Be sure it looks somewhat decent. I included patterns in mine to give it a nice aesthetic flair in the hopes of disguising this slightly cheap fruit-farming tactic as something more tasteful.
5. Harvest occasionally and enjoy this new influx of fruit! You can also guarantee a greater yield if you select “Let’s hang out!” when talking to a character who boasts the Foraging trait.
Viola! You now have tons of fruit trees and bushes in your backyard. Is it a little cheap to break the game in this way? Absolutely! Are you going to care very much when you’re stuffing gooseberries down your throat! No way!
Stay in the know with Laptop Mag
Get our in-depth reviews, helpful tips, great deals, and the biggest news stories delivered to your inbox.
Self-described art critic and unabashedly pretentious, Momo finds joy in impassioned ramblings about her closeness to video games. She has a bachelor’s degree in Journalism & Media Studies from Brooklyn College and five years of experience in entertainment journalism. Momo is a stalwart defender of the importance found in subjectivity and spends most days overwhelmed with excitement for the past, present and future of gaming. When she isn't writing or playing Dark Souls, she can be found eating chicken fettuccine alfredo and watching anime.