Hold off on that new iPad purchase -- there may be as many as four new models coming very soon, according to a report from Japanese Apple blog Mac Otakara (and discovered by MacRumors). That report suggests that the new lineup will be unveiled at an event in March along with a 128GB iPhone SE and red iPhone 7 and 7 Plus.
The iPad lineup could include updates to the 9.7-inch and 12.3-inch iPad Pro models, a new 7.9-inch slate (to replace the aging iPad Mini 4) and a 10.5-inch iPad with an almost borderless screen and no home button.
The 7.9-inch tablet will allegedly gain a smart connector, essentially giving it Pro functionality with the use of a keyboard.
Previously, we heard about a potential trio of new iPads for this year from analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, though that report didn't note a smaller 7.9-inch size.
This would result in a lot of iPads to keep around, especially if Apple doesn't phase out the Air 2 or the Mini 2 or 4. We haven't seen any invites yet, but we'll let you know if we get any official word about Apple's potential iPad event.
iPad Pro Tips and Tricks
- Multitask on the iPad Pro
- Every iPad Pro Keyboard Shortcut You'll Ever Need
- Use the iOS Keyboard as a Touchpad
- Display Two Safari Tabs Simultaneously on the iPad Pro
- How to Use the Apple Pencil with iPad Pro's Notes App
- Edit Multiple Streams of 4K Video on the iPad Pro
- Use Your iPad Pro as a Secondary Display
- Check the Apple Pencil’s Battery Life
- Use Your iPhone as a Hotspot for the iPad Pro
Stay in the know with Laptop Mag
Get our in-depth reviews, helpful tips, great deals, and the biggest news stories delivered to your inbox.