PlayStation confirmed today on Twitter that Bugsnax will be launching on November 12 on PS5, making it a launch title for the company's next-gen console. The title will also be coming to PS4 and PC on the same day.
If you weren't aware, Bugsnax is a creature collect-a-thon game where players are on the hunt for bizarre (and tasty) combinations of food and insects. The game promises to include over 100 species of Bugsnax and an engrossing mystery-driven experience revolving around the disappearance of a renowned explorer.
- See the best PC games and best Xbox Game Pass PC games to play now
- Check out the Xbox Series X games and PS5 games confirmed so far
- This is what we know about the Xbox Series X and PS5 so fa
Bugsnax being announced as a PS5 launch title is quite surprising, but it's great news for Sony. Although the game is also launching on PS4 and PC, it's still a solid addition to the consoles launch lineup.
Furthermore, Bugsnax on the Epic Games Store is being sold for $24.99, currently discounted at $21.24. Whether or not this will be the price reflected for its PS4 and PS5 versions is unclear. Next-gen game prices have been hiked up by $10, and this could potentially apply to Bugsnax as well.
Along with the release date announcement came a reveal of the full lineup of the voice acting cast in Bugsnax. As taken from the PlayStation Blog, the list reads:
- Wambus Troubleham – Fred Tatasciore (Overwatch)
- Wiggle Bigglebottom – Kenna Ramsey
- Chandlo Funkbun – Yuri Lowenthal (Marvel’s Spider-Man)
- Filbo Fiddlepie – Max Mittelman (Saitama in One-Punch man)
- Gramble Gigglefunny – Sam Riegel (Duck Tales)
- Shelda Smellywag – Debra Wilson (Jedi: Fallen Order)
- Floofty Fizzlebean – Casey Mongillo (Evangelion)
- Eggabell Batternugget – Fryda Wolff (Loba in Apex Legends)
- Beffica Winklesnoot – Cassandra Lee Morris (Persona 5)
- Snorpy Fizzlebean – Roger Craig Smith (Sonic the Hedgehog)
- Cromdo Face – Rick Zieff (Terminator 3)
- Clumby Clumbernut – Barbara Goodson (Rita Repulsa)
- Elizabert Megafig- Helen Sadler (Battlefront)
- Triffany Lottablog- Haviland Stillwell (Devil May Cry 5)
The Bugsnax cast is full of familiar voices. Sonic the Hedgehog's voice actor Roger Craig Smith and Peter Parker in Marvel's Spider-Man, Yuri Lowenthal, are featured, just to name a few.
Stay in the know with Laptop Mag
Get our in-depth reviews, helpful tips, great deals, and the biggest news stories delivered to your inbox.
Self-described art critic and unabashedly pretentious, Momo finds joy in impassioned ramblings about her closeness to video games. She has a bachelor’s degree in Journalism & Media Studies from Brooklyn College and five years of experience in entertainment journalism. Momo is a stalwart defender of the importance found in subjectivity and spends most days overwhelmed with excitement for the past, present and future of gaming. When she isn't writing or playing Dark Souls, she can be found eating chicken fettuccine alfredo and watching anime.