Are you wondering how to create a new Gmail account? Whether you need a second (or a seventh) email address or are looking to create your very first email account, Gmail is a fantastic option.
Google makes the setup quick and easy and Gmail offers some of the most robust email tools and spam filtering on the market, along with 15GB of free storage space, which should be plenty for space for most users.
- How to create folders in Gmail
- How to delete spam mail in Gmail once and for all
- The best cheap Chromebook deals in August 2021
Regardless of the reason for needing a new Gmail account, I'll walk you through the process and we can have it set up in about a minute.
Here's how to create a new Gmail account:
- Navigate to the Google Account sign-up page.
- Fill in your name, a unique username/email, and a password comprised of at least 8 characters including letters, numbers and symbols.
- Click Next.
- Enter your date of birth and select a response for the gender inquiry.
- You may enter a phone number and/or email address as account recovery options, but this is optional. We don't recommend using your phone number as a 2FA or recovery option, but the recovery email can be helpful. When enabled, you'll receive an email whenever a new device logs into your Gmail account.
- Click Next.
- Read the Privacy and Terms.
- Most people won't read everything, but you should click on More Options and decide whether you would like to opt-out of some of Google's activity tracking. This will impact the personalization of ads and content, but if privacy is more important to you, then choose to not have Google save or use this data.
- Click Agree.
That's it! You are the proud owner of a new Gmail account and Google will automatically take you to your inbox and provide instructions on how to use the account. There's no limit to the number of Gmail accounts that you can have, so if you need another one in the future, just follow these instructions again. Happy emailing!
Stay in the know with Laptop Mag
Get our in-depth reviews, helpful tips, great deals, and the biggest news stories delivered to your inbox.
Sean Riley has been covering tech professionally for over a decade now. Most of that time was as a freelancer covering varied topics including phones, wearables, tablets, smart home devices, laptops, AR, VR, mobile payments, fintech, and more. Sean is the resident mobile expert at Laptop Mag, specializing in phones and wearables, you'll find plenty of news, reviews, how-to, and opinion pieces on these subjects from him here. But Laptop Mag has also proven a perfect fit for that broad range of interests with reviews and news on the latest laptops, VR games, and computer accessories along with coverage on everything from NFTs to cybersecurity and more.