However, the most notable change is the addition of an entirely new NPC: Jar-Bairn. At 12 a.m. last night, I was absolutely perplexed by this sudden update. And at that moment, I knew I could not rest until I found the character. Thankfully, it didn't take long, as the NPC's name offers a pretty major hint towards their location.
- See the best PC games and best Xbox Game Pass PC games to play now
- These are the best Xbox Series X games and best PS5 games so far
- See our Xbox Series X review, PS5 review and best virtual tabletop software
How to find Jar-Bairn in Elden Ring
1. Jar-Bairn can be found close to the Jarburg Grace Point. If you don't have this Grace Point unlocked, continue to the next step.
2. Teleport to the Artist's Shack Grace Point, which is just slightly north-west of Carian Study Hall.
3. Head to this exact point on the map.
4. You should see a series of tombstones protruding from the mountainside. You'll need to jump down along each one.
5. The last tombstone should place you just slightly above the top of a shack. Jump onto the shack.
6. From here, a Grace Point should be visible. Go ahead and grab it.
7. Jar-Bairn will be on this exact point on the map, dangling their little legs off the side of some stairs.
8. Further along the questline, you might also see Jar-Bairn in this spot.
You should now have access to Jar-Bairn and can begin their story. This also involves the questline of another familiar character, but I'll let you discover that on your own.
Stay in the know with Laptop Mag
Get our in-depth reviews, helpful tips, great deals, and the biggest news stories delivered to your inbox.
Self-described art critic and unabashedly pretentious, Momo finds joy in impassioned ramblings about her closeness to video games. She has a bachelor’s degree in Journalism & Media Studies from Brooklyn College and five years of experience in entertainment journalism. Momo is a stalwart defender of the importance found in subjectivity and spends most days overwhelmed with excitement for the past, present and future of gaming. When she isn't writing or playing Dark Souls, she can be found eating chicken fettuccine alfredo and watching anime.