MSI Wind Revealed: 10-Inch Mini-Notebook to Hit U.S. in June
The mini-notebook market has no shortage of compelling systems, especially with this week's release of the Eee PC 900 here in the U.S. And with models from both Acer and Dell on the way, how can a lesser-known brand stand out in the crowd? Update: Read our full review of the MSI Wind. MSI’s Director of US Sales Andy Tung certainly thinks his company's entry will shake things up. In our 40-minute interview, Tung shared that the Wind will:
- Come in two display-size variations: an 8.9-inch and a 10-inch. Only the 10-inch display will be available to the U.S. market.
- Be available starting June 3rd. The Linux version, running Novel’s SUSE, will have 512MB RAM and an 80GB hard drive. It will retail for $399. The Windows XP version will have 1GB RAM, an 80GB hard drive, and Bluetooth, retailing for $549. However according to MSI a base configuration of the Windows XP product will be available for under $500.
- Come in four different colors, including black, white, silver, and pink. Both sizes will be available in these colors.
- Get 6 hours of battery life with the standard six-cell battery. Tung attributes the power savings to the Intel Atom processor, since the system will not have a solid state drive.
- Full Review: MSI Wind
- Gaming on the MSI Wind
- MSI Wind Boot Test
- Touch Typing on the WInd
- How to Upgrade the Wind's Hard Drive
- How to Add RAM to the MSI Wind
- Upgrading Voids Wind Warranty