Android's System UI Tuner lets you customize Android 7's interface in ways that haven't yet made it to the general public. In exchange for that early access, users are taking a risk because Google is always changing what is available in the system, so there's a possibility that your settings will be lost or unavailable after a future OS update.
In Nougat, not only does UI Tuner let users enable and disable what quick settings options are available, but it also allows them to use gestures to activate multi-window views. Here's how to enable System UI Tuner in Android Nougat:
1. Swipe down from the top.
2. Tap the down arrow.
3. Hold down on the Settings icon.
4. Observe the System UI Tuner notification.
5. In Settings, tap System UI Tuner.
6. Tap Got It.
Congrats, you've uncovered System UI Tuner.
- Kids Tablets to Buy (or Avoid)
- 10 Tablets with the Longest Battery Life
- Tablet Buying Guide: 8 Essential Tips
- The Best Tablets for Less Than $200
- Chromebook vs. Tablet: Which Should You Buy?
- Why 4G Tablets Are a Total Rip-Off
- How to Sell, Trade In or Donate Your Old Tablet
- iPad Buying Guide: Which One is Right for You?
- How to Use Your iPad as Your Only PC
Stay in the know with Laptop Mag
Get our in-depth reviews, helpful tips, great deals, and the biggest news stories delivered to your inbox.