However, Amazon is quietly stealing Redmond's thunder with a secret sale on the same Surface Pro configurations that are currently on sale at Microsoft. Amazon's sale is especially noteworthy because it undercuts Microsoft, sometimes by as much as $342.
Buy Microsoft Surface Pro on Amazon.com (opens in new tab)
Some of the configurations on sale at Amazon include:
- Core M/4GB/128GB (opens in new tab) for $670.88 ($129 under MS Store)
- Core i5/4GB/128GB (opens in new tab) for $785.01 ($14 under MS Store)
- Core i5/8GB/256GB (opens in new tab) for $1,048.89 ($51 under MS Store)
- Core i7/8GB/256GB (opens in new tab) for $1,345 ($254 under MS Store)
- Core i7/16GB/512GB (opens in new tab) for $1,857.30 ($342 under MS Store)
Another thing worth mentioning about Amazon's sale is that it even beats its own Presidents Day sale by about $50 on some models.
The base configuration of the Surface Pro includes a 12.3-inch 2736 x 1824 touchscreen display, Core m3 processor, 4GB of RAM, and a 128GB SSD. For everyday use, we recommend upgrading to the $1,048 model, which includes a Core i5 CPU and a more reasonable 8GB of RAM and 256GB SSD.
The Surface Pro's knockout feature is undoubtedly its brilliant PixelSense display, which we found to be one of the best screens on the market. None of these models include the Surface Pen (opens in new tab) or Type Cover (opens in new tab), which you can add for $34.99 and $92.99, respectively.
- Best Laptop Deals of Today
- Most-Anticipated Laptops with Intel's Coffee Lake
- Five Reasons to Buy Surface Pro, Three Reasons to Skip It