Lenovo Announces W700, 17-inch Desktop Killing Notebook
X200 and X300 (and now small IdeaPad S10), is introducing a 17-inch, 8.3-pound behemoth, the W700, which is sure to make other notebooks quiver in fear, more from its performance than its size. The ultrapowerful workstation, which starts at $2,978 and ships in September, has the kind of horsepower to make even graphic designers, video editors, and CAD users, ditch their desktops. The W700's jaw-dropping features include:Lenovo, the same company that makes the incredibly thin Thinkpad
- Core 2 Extreme Processor, available in Quad Core
- Dual hard drives, available in RAID or with SSD
- NVIDIA Quadro FX Mobile Graphics with up to 1GB of video memory.
- A 17-inch 1920x1200 resolution screen with 72% gamut display
- On-board color calibrator, calibrates the screen in less three minutes with lid closed.
- Built-in WACOM Digitizer
- Up to 8GB of DDR3 RAM