We'll get more news about Intel's 8th-generation CPUs, code-named "Coffee Lake," later this month.
The Coffee Lake CPUs will be a refinement of its predecessor, Kaby Lake, and maintain a 14nm size. (Skylake, Kaby Lake's predecessor, also measured 14nm).
Other than that, little is known about the upcoming 8th-gen chips, though Intel previously announced that it will have a 30 percent performance improvement over Kaby Lake. Rumors suggest that Intel will pack more power in lower-end chips and put emphasis on having more threads in response to AMD's newly released Ryzen processors, but we'll have to wait until August 21 to find out.
Laptop Upgrade Guide
- How to Tell If You Can Upgrade Your Laptop
- How to Install an mSATA SSD Boot Drive
- How to Upgrade Your Laptop’s Hard Drive to an SSD
- How to Install an M.2 SSD in the Lenovo ThinkPad T440s
- How to Upgrade the RAM on the Lenovo ThinkPad T440s
- How to Upgrade the RAM (Memory) on a Laptop
- How to Upgrade the SSD in Your MacBook Pro
- How to Upgrade Your Alienware 17’s SSD and Hard Drive
- How to Upgrade Your Alienware 17's RAM
- How to Upgrade Your Dell XPS 13's SSD
- How to Upgrade Your ThinkPad 13's RAM
- How to Upgrade Your ThinkPad 13's SSD
- How to Upgrade Your ThinkPad T460s' RAM
- How to Upgrade Your ThinkPad T460s' SSD
Stay in the know with Laptop Mag
Get our in-depth reviews, helpful tips, great deals, and the biggest news stories delivered to your inbox.