How to Share Your Notebook's Internet Connection with the Nexus 7
So we know how to share your phone's internet with your laptop using a WiFi tethering app, but what if you are in the unique situation where you might need to share your laptop's internet with your phone or tablet? Some of these unique situations include:
- Logged in to a VPN on the laptop and want to use that on your phone
- In a hotel that charges by the device
- You have a 4G connection card built in to your laptop
Either way, here is how to share your laptop's internet connection with your Nexus 7.
1. Head to the Virtual Router page on your Windows PC and download their free Virtual Router software to your Desktop.
2. Install the Virtual Router program.
3. Open the Virtual Router program.
4. Enter in an 8 character password in the password field.
5. Click Start Virtual Router.
6. On your device, go to Settings > WiFi > Turn it ON and search for the network named VirtualRouter.
7. Connect to it and put in the password you setup. Done.
8. If you want to turn off the Virtual Router, simply click Stop Virtual Router.
David Cogen is a founder of TheUnlockr.com, the popular site for rooting, jailbreaking, hacking, modding, and other how tos to show you how to unlock your device's true potential.
- How to Boost the Volume of Your Nexus 7
- How to Use Google Now on the Nexus 7
- How to Play Nintendo 64 Games on the Google Nexus 7
- How to Use Google Drive to Essentially Increase Your Nexus 7′s Storage
- How to Enable Adobe Flash on the Nexus 7
- How to Add Your Own Music to the Google Play Music Cloud
- How to Hard Reset a Bricked Nexus 7 With Your PC
- How to Root the Nexus 7