BlackBerry 10's Maps app is a fully functional navigation program and, as such, offers users the ability to specify the kind of routes they want to take when using the searching for directions. Don't want to take a ferry or highway? No problem, you can change the apps settings with these quick steps:
1. Open the Maps app and swipe down from the top of the screen to open the menu bar.
2. Select Settings and tap Route Options.
3. To set the type of route you want the app to use, choose either Fastest, Simplest or Shortest.
4. To avoid highways or ferries, check boxes next to Highways and Ferries. Tap the back button and your navigation options will be set.
More Blackberry 10 Tips
- How to Master BlackBerry 10's Gestures
- How to Move Predictive Text on BlackBerry 10's Keyboard
- How to Use the Time Shift Camera App in BlackBerry 10
- How to Edit Photos Using BlackBerry 10
- How to Put Your BlackBerry 10 Phone in Airplane Mode
- How to Copy and Paste Text in BlackBerry 10
- How to Change the Search Engine in BlackBerry 10's Browser
- How to Add Bookmarks to BlackBerry 10's Web Browser
- How to Create App Folders with BlackBerry 10
- How to Add Email and Social Media Accounts to BlackBerry 10
- How to Add Languages to BlackBerry 10's Virtual Keyboard
- How to Add Shortcuts to BlackBerry 10's Virtual Keyboard
- How to Change Navigation Settings in BlackBerry 10
- How to Disable Voice Navigation in BlackBerry 10
Stay in the know with Laptop Mag
Get our in-depth reviews, helpful tips, great deals, and the biggest news stories delivered to your inbox.