What? You thought because Halo 4 and the rest of the Halo games made it to the Halo: MCC that it would be over? Nope. You'll have plenty of Halo to play with before Halo: Infinite launches. Halo: MCC devs have confirmed that it will continue updating the game throughout 2021.
In a December 2020 update, the dev team talks about patches coming to the game today, which includes the addition of new armor sets as well as a bunch of bug fixes and the ability to filter chat. That's today, but here's what you can look forward to in 2021.
- See the best PC games and best Xbox Game Pass PC games to play now
- Check out the Xbox Series X games and PS5 games confirmed so far
- See our reviews of the Xbox Series X and PS5
Halo: MCC 2021 updates
Here are the updates that the dev team are currently working on for 2021:
- View Model Adjustment for all games: On track for early 2021
- Steam Account Linking: On track for early 2021
- In-Game FPS Cap/Adjustments: More options coming in 2021
- PC File Share: On track for early 2021
- Additional Video Settings/Options: More options coming in 2021
- Custom Game Browser: On track for early 2021
- Double Key Binds for all games: On track for early 2021
- Per Game Audio Options: This should be in flights in early 2021
- Bringing PC Features to Console (Like FOV Sliders): We will communicate more on this next year, no hard timeline for when these features could be making their way to console
On top of that, there are several other features the team is implementing that are currently in the "design iteration" phase. Those include additional mod support, accessibility support, HDR support on PC, new season content, new Forge items and "all the super-secret features I’m not ready to talk about just yet."
Meanwhile, in the backlog lies a number of idle system improvements as well as the ability to split-screen on PC.
Throughout the blog, 343 Industries walks through the greatest hits of the game from the past year since its launch on PC. It's worth a glance or two if you're a big fan.
In the meantime, stay tuned for more updates coming to Halo: MCC as well as Halo: Infinite in 2021.
Stay in the know with Laptop Mag
Get our in-depth reviews, helpful tips, great deals, and the biggest news stories delivered to your inbox.
Rami Tabari is an Editor for Laptop Mag. He reviews every shape and form of a laptop as well as all sorts of cool tech. You can find him sitting at his desk surrounded by a hoarder's dream of laptops, and when he navigates his way out to civilization, you can catch him watching really bad anime or playing some kind of painfully difficult game. He’s the best at every game and he just doesn’t lose. That’s why you’ll occasionally catch his byline attached to the latest Souls-like challenge.